Friday, February 08, 2008

Baby J's First Gifts

Credits:
Sleepy Dreamer Background by: Divas Playground
Weathered Decor frame by: Misty Cato
Alpha Bonbon by: chriscrap

Dream in Coloured Alpha by: Mónica Guerra Leiria

Thanks to Tita Evelyn, Tita Yolanda and Tita Josie for this wonderful gifts. I'm sure Baby J will love them. And I can't wait to let her wear them all. Obvious na girl anak ko no? Puro shades of pink hehehe!

I had my prenatal check up last Wednesday. Baby J's already in her 24th week. 6 months to be exact ... only 3 more months to go weeeeeee! I'm on medication right now due to colds and cough for almost a week now, OB gave me antibiotics... actually, I have no colds anymore, but the thing is ... hinog na ang plema ko (pasintabi sa mga kumakain) kaya I need medical help na. I've been having series of I'm-having-a-hard-time-breathing nights, that's why I need to take antibiotics. OB told me it's ok naman with the baby kaya never worry. Thank God for Neti Pot ... my Tita Yolanda gave this to us because my kuya watched this in Oprah one time. Good thing she did watched that episode. It's a Nasal rinse similar to Salinese drops babies uses. It really do wonders ... it gets rid of those sticky mucus in your nose. After the nasal wash, just sneeze and it will all come out without effort.

Baby J is now super duper active ... I could always feel her moving even at day. When we were at OB's clinic, OB felt her move, too. She's so malikot hihihi! That's a good sign I know. Even if I'm gulping lots of medicines right now, I know she's fine and active.
According to babycenter.com, this is how Baby J's growing:
Your baby's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when she was just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), that makes a pretty lean figure, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, her brain is growing rapidly, and her taste buds are developing. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance **that helps the air sacs inflate easily.
Everybody's getting excited already especially me and Jason. We're planning to buy Baby J's things next month. It's the big stuffs we'll gonna purchase, like Graco playpens, strollers, infant car seats, beddings, Avent sterilizers and Avent feeding bottles. Mom's gonna purchase the lampin and white sando or shirt for baby J. She said kasi, it's better to buy infant clothes in white, para daw makita kung may langgam, or kung ano man dumapo sa kanya. I won't buy breast pump muna, kasi hindi ko alam if I'm like a milking cow. Mom and her sister never did breastfeed because they're not capable of having one. Even my Dad's sisters are the same. When I asked OB about it, sinabi niya na it's heriditary ... pero these days wala ng impossible ... meron na daw iniinom para magkaroon ng milk ang isang nursing mom. Well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed, sana nga magkaroon ako ng milk by the time Baby J's here na.

Baby J's have a name already but Jason wanted to keep it a secret for a while. Saka na daw i-reveal pag lumabas na daw siya. Mom did won on the baby's name. We don't want to argue with her kasi baka magtampo. It's a nice name naman kaso a lot of girls have that name already. Gusto kasi ni Jason yung wala pa sa Google yung name hahaha! I don't know if she'll gonna have a second name or what ... I was thinking that maybe if ever we'll give her a second name baka mahirapan magsulat sa school ng pangalan niya. The first name is quite long na din kasi ... oh well ... We still have 3 months to decide on that.

0 comments: