Friday, January 09, 2009

Second Hand Books

Lately, I've been addicted on buying second hand books online. These are from other's collection which they need to dispatch since they don't have enough space for their books. And I know how this people take care of their books so i didn't have second thought on buying from them.

I don't know where I got the passion of collecting books. Maybe from Mom coz she has a collection as well. Our big frustration was to have a library full of our books. That's why I told hubby, when we have our house of our own, I wanted a library for my books hihihi.

Last December, I finally collected all the Shopaholic books of Sophie Kinsella. I only bought the first 3 series when I was still working. I even bought her other books from Chie (fellow N@wie, ka-bloggie, ka-twitter and ka-plurkie) on her online bookstore. I already reserved this from her November of 2008. And she shipped the books by December. It's all covered with plastic cover already, no need to replace it coz the books were like new especially the Remember Me book ... she told me she have it for a month palang. I bought this books for less than 700.00 pesos only. Hardbound pa yung isa diyan ha.

This batch came this morning. I bought this books from Ms. Lori Baltazar. A fellow ka-plurkie and N@wie Leirs shared her link and I checked it out. I so envy her library ... something I really wanted for myself. Ang daming cookbooks and non-cookbooks din. I didn't get her cookbooks, coz I already have some of my own, though different from hers, I don't think I need much cookbooks here at home kasi I don't cook much nowadays. I read about the Selma Eichler books, and I'm dying to collect it. 15 na pala yung series na yun ... I have to find it for myself. Maybe meron sa Booksale (I saw the price tag at the back of the books hehehe). I bought this book for only 610.00 plus shipping fee. The last 2 books were still new ha!

And I'm wondering where to keep this books from dust and all ... I'm still currently reading a book, so I need to keep all this for a while.

Good thing hubby gave me cash gift on my birthday.

Hmmm ... san naman kaya ako next bibili ng books?

3 comments:

Anonymous January 09, 2009 4:02 PM  

hay..inggit ako..I so want the sophie kinsella books pero the hubby keeps on reminding na dami ko pa ring books na binili na di ko pa nababasa :)

cheryll January 09, 2009 5:47 PM  

hi sis!

hay,ako din :) curious ako sa sophie kinsella books, kaso laging lumalabas ang aking kakuriputan :P

though i chanced upon P20 and P50 books during a NBS sale. buti na lang christmas gift ni albert sa akin ung tales of beedle the bard :)

Unknown January 10, 2009 8:57 AM  

@Rocks, same dialougue with hubby, madami pa daw ako books na di nababasa... actually meron pa akong books na nakabalot pa at di binubuksan nyahahaha!

@Cheryll, hi cosmic sister ... yung Tita ko naman bought the The Tales of the Beedle and the Bard kaya di na ako bumili. Actually yung Wilight book set binilhan din niya ako, makukuha ko na siya ng February hehehe.

@Happy, thanks for dropping by ... I'll link you up as well.