Saturday, August 25, 2007

PCOS

According to Medifocus Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome or functional ovarian hyperandrogenism, is a complex endocrine disorder associated with a long-term lack of ovulation (anovulation) and an excess of androgens (male hormones, e.g., testosterone).

The disorder is characterized by the formation of eight or more follicular cysts of 10 mm or smaller in the ovaries, a process related to the ovary's failure to release an egg (ovum). PCOS is one of the most frequent causes of infertility.

I had it eversince, my first OB didn't see this all along. And I'm glad I made the right decision on changing my OB. This is the reason why we're having a hard time to get pregnant. Right now I'm on medication. I'm taking Metformin 500 mg 3 times a day. Know side effects of this medicine is dizziness, nauseous, drowsiness and headache. My OB said that I could take Metformin even hindi pa ako kumakain. Pero sa akin, it doesn't work. Super nag-throw up talaga ako sa super sakit ng ulo ko. And iba nag chemical reaction pag magkasama silang iniinom ng Clomid (Chlophemine Citrate). Nagkaroon din ako ng vertigo kaya natatakot ako lumakad mag-isa pag may pupuntahan. Gusto ko may kasama. Saka I do sweat a lot... isa daw sa symptoms yun na I'm having low blood sugar. Sabi ni Kuya Jade and OB, just take a glass of Coke to normalize my blood sugar. It really works sometimes.

And since I'm on treatment, hubby is taking Korgivit-E 3 times a day to normalize the motility of his sperm cells. Kumbaga pinapahanda na sa kanya para healthy ang mga punla niya.

And OB also told me to try again to lose some weight ... easier said than done ... I'm really having a hard time losing weight. And eto pa, because of Metformin, super dalas ako mag-weewee na super nadedehydrate ang skin ko. My derma told me to moisturize and take lots of fluids. Pag nafi-feel ko na daw na natutuyo na lalamunan ko, drink a glass of water agad. I have atopic dermatitis (excessive dryness of the skin) and I'm allergic to my own sweat ... so how can I go on a working out in a gym when after that my body is all red and itchy because of my sweat? waaaaaaahhhh! Ang hirap no?

Buti nalang I'm a SAHW ... if ever I'm working... siguro dumadami na ang leave ko dahil hindi na ako makapagtrabaho because of my treatment. As you can see, gagawin ko ang lahat magkaanak lang kami. Sana nga tulungan kami ng Diyos na malagpasan namin ang pagsubok na ito.

5 comments:

Crinklynose August 28, 2007 10:30 AM  

hang in there sis.. pray hard na tuloy tuloy na yan sa pagbubuntis :o)

frecklesspeckles August 28, 2007 8:31 PM  

*hugs*... konteng tiyaga lang... i'm sure God will answer your prayers in due time. I have friends with PCOS din and they were able to bear children din naman. aja aja!

Unknown August 28, 2007 9:17 PM  

Hi Berns and Wanda, hugs and kisses from me. Aja Aja kaya natin to hihihi! Thanks sa support girls :)

Anonymous August 30, 2007 4:28 PM  

i can sense the strength of character in many of your posts. you guys will get through this. all the best!

Unknown August 30, 2007 5:35 PM  

hi Mogli, thanks for dropping by. You did put a smile on my face today :)