Sunday, February 15, 2009

And I Gave In...

First of all, I would like to thank those people who took time reading my post last night. I appreciate it talaga ... and also to those who texted me and send out emails (you know who you are) ... sobrang thank you! It's a temporary breakdown lang talaga, actually. When I woke up yesterday morning, my eyes are so puffy and I'm having a hard time opening it. Buti nga di napansin nila dad na maga mata ko kasi singkit ako. But after I kept myself busy doing some research on fastfood chain birthday parties and their cost while playing Pet Society in Facebook, I've finally gave in and took their advice.

At first it was very hard for me to let go ... pero I have to compromise with hubby, coz he's the one working so hard for the money. So I have to understand, too where the money is coming. We should come up to a very simple yet nice party for Janna in a practical way. So I psyche myself na this is it ... it's a Jollibee or Mcdo party na nga. But of course, stick pa din ako sa suppliers ko ... I won't avail of their services on cake, decors and party loots. Kailangan ma-achieve pa din yung gusto ko mangyari.

Pero Dad and Jason told me na why bother go to Jollibee or Mcdo or any venue eh I can host the party naman here sa backyard namin. Oo, iisa lang ang iniisip nila ... dito gaganapin ang birthday ni Janna. To give you an idea, you can view the photos here. Jason said that I can hire the services of the supplier with food carts. Yaiks ... ang tanong kung kakausapin pa ba niya ako dahil sa nangyari sa amin before. Jason also said that I can dress up the venue with balloons, and will gonna hire a party host, and the cake will still be with Sugarbox. And of course, will hire a photographer pa din. Promise niya yun eh.

I got excited again ... sa totoo lang, hindi ko naisip yun. Na masusunod ko pala yung gusto ko kung dito mismo sa backyard namin gagawin yung party. Ang maganda pa nun is it's free hehehe.

And one thing's for sure ... they really love me ... and they love Janna ... And I'm so sorry that I doubted them a little. Just want to let all of you know na ok na ako ... salamat sa inyong lahat.

7 comments:

agent112778 February 15, 2009 2:17 AM  

hi ate Ann

ate, i read you past post and all i can say is "be cool :D" minsan kasi when we are tired,depress and in the edge of breaking in, we can deside for the best...i know na alam mo na ang gusto kong sabihin pero im just a friend and your reader who want happy stories in your blog :D and in your life :D

Lei February 15, 2009 9:53 AM  

im glad it worked out. compromise is always the key. teka di na ba talaga mababawi ang downpayment sa venue??
Take care and God Bless

Chris February 15, 2009 1:15 PM  

thats so good to hear... :)

Anonymous February 16, 2009 9:18 AM  

hello!

buti it worked out well. now comes the real work... i'm sure you'll enjoy the preparations!

Anonymous February 16, 2009 9:36 AM  

oh my... you have a pretty backyard naman pala e!!! aysus. kung may bakuran kaming ganyan e jan na rin ako magpapaparty.. unfortunately, we don't. wah. see? things are working out well for you...

i guess it's time na rin to plan for penoy's 1st birthday party. *cringe*

Anonymous February 16, 2009 10:06 AM  

Hi Sis,

For sure Janna will have a great party at ang ganda naman pala ng backyard nyo. :)

Enjoy and Cheer up. :)

ruther February 16, 2009 10:09 AM  

hi ann,

reading this and your previous post made me realize a lot of things. i honestly salute those moms who opted to give up their career for the sake of raising their child. being a mother is not an easy task. that is why it is considered a noble vocation. while i understand your sentiments that you want just the best for janna (sino bang nanay ang ayaw?), i also understand where your hubby is coming from. mahirap nga naman ang buhay ngaun given the economic situation. kelangan magtipid talaga coz we will never know what will happen next. bilog ang mundo eh. for tens of times, i have thought of becoming a SAHM. but situations like this (i mean having the financial freedom) is what is keeping me from resigning. i don't want to sound materialistic pero ayoko ng pakiramdam ng hinihigpitan sa pera(or sabihin na natin hindi naman paghihigpit ang tawag dun but living by means).

i have just moved out from the comfort of living my parents and in-laws. my apartment is just 5 minutes away from the office. i work at night (time when baby is also sleeping). when I get home, he's still sleeping. i make sure that my face is going to be the first day he sees everyday. i no longer have the luxury of going to sleep for 8 hours. madalas 5 hours lang. pero ok lang. ganun talaga.sacrifice. while hubby sends his monthly remittances, i also have my own stable income (and some rakets LOL) so wala kaming pakialaman as long as meron ng nakasave sa bank.

i think that your family and jason loves you.but they also want to be practical din. kelangang mag intindihan.

maganda naman ang backyard nyo. papasa naman miski sa intimate wedding. konting sourcing pa and you will get just the best for Janna.

may all the great forces be with you on janna's bday preps.

***and now I am looking forward on my sweat pea's bday ***