Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Party Preps

Thanks to those people who read my blog last weekend. As of this moment, we are now preparing for Janna's birthday again. And this time, hubby is into it as well. I'll give a ran down of our preps plus the suppliers.

THEME - We decided not to have one para mas madali. But according to Mec, nabanggit ko na kasi ang colors na gagamitin for the party, sabi niya Crayola daw yung theme ko hahaha. Mukha ngang Crayola hehehe. You'll know why later.

DATE - May 11 falls on a Tuesday, so we decided to have the party by May 17, but realized that it's Mother's Day, so I have to change it to May 16. Time of the party have to wait ... by March, I have to observe the weather and how hot it is in our lawn from 3pm onwards.

VENUE - initially we got a venue from QC but due to tight budget, we asked them if we can get the refund in full. The owner said yes ... but take note that she only did that because we are one of her old clients. Of course, sa iba it will be forfeited. Our new venue will be in our own backyard. We have covered garage that can accommodate some people naman just in case it will rain and have a huge garden for kids to play.

VENUE DRESS-UP - I got Party Boosters to dress up our backyard. We'll gonna have to adjust the design dahil malaki na ang lugar na i-de-dress up niya. Will wait for her quote since she just received the photos yesterday. Balloons that she'll be using are based on pinks and purple.

FOOD CARTS - I have to talked to Ms. A if she still wants to work with me. I guess nagtampo siya sa akin when I cancelled all her services last week because of our budget. Now, hubby wanted to get her again for the food carts since walang bawal dito sa backyard namin, kahit ilang food carts pwede na hehehe. I think will be getting 4 instead of 2 food carts.

CATERER - I'm so sure it would be our good friend, Raymond Wong to cater our event. Their food is so good and we also got their services in one of my Dad's birthday party. Very affordable rates din.

PARTY HOST - Pencil booked with Wizzo ... thanks to Sis Jacque! mwah!

PHOTOGRAPHER - We got Ging Lorenzo as our photographer. Paid our downpayment already. We got her services also on Janna's Christening. Si Paul Vincent kasi fully booked na ng May.

CAKE - I already talked to Ms. Emily Uy of Sugarbox. Medyo may change lang sa details ng cake. I won't go with the cupcake tree but have a 2 or 3 layer cake nalang. Kasi medyo lumiit yung budget for the cake. Her cake will be in yellow, yellow green and orange.

LOOT BOX - I'll be getting Blaskie for the loot box. Then my cousin and I will go to Divi to buy some small toys and everything for the kids. Loot box would be in yellow, yellow green and orange as well.

INVITES - DIY ... I'll scrap one of her photos and pa-print nalang namin in 4R or 5R then put in an envelope with map and everything. Kaya ko yan ... actually nakaready na yung invite, will just have to put her latest photo. Papa-picture kasi kami sa studio ng April ... or I'll ask my photo hobbyist Tito or my photo hobbyist friend to capture her shots hehehe. Or pag kulang na sa time or kulang na sa budget... eh DIY nalang namin ni hubby ...

GUESTBOOK - I can scrap this one too, but I had a tip from fellow N@Wie and Ka-Plurkie, Julliefer, I can buy an 8 x 8 scrapbook in Papemelroti and paste Janna's photos nalang per page ... hmmm ... sounds good di ba? Since wala naman kami maid, and malabo din kasi ako makapag-digicrap ng maayos eh di pwede ko tong gawin.

TARPAULIN - madami daw kilala si hubby na nagpi-print ng tarpaulin, so this would not be a problem. And since DIY nanaman to eh ok lang ... grabe! kakayanin ko kaya to? huhuhu! Oo kaya ko to ...

May naalimutan pa ako? I didn't know that party planning is so stressful ... not to mention ... nakakabutas ng bulsa hahaha! Kahit ano basta para kay Janna gagawin namin for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 02, 2009 6:58 AM  

omg, sis, everything is falling into place for you na! im so happy for you (at the same time kinakabahan dahil i haven't thought of penoy's party e one month lang pagitan ng babies natin!! waaaa!)!

at least you've listed everything na kelangan for the party. at least may idea na ako where to start. thanks!

Unknown March 04, 2009 3:01 PM  

hi mommy ann! just blog hopping about party prep wink*

1st bday ng baby ko on Aug pero don't know where to start since nd2 kmi s uae ng husband ko...

tentative sched ng uwi nmin 1st week ng aug...ngaun p lng iniisip ko n panu ko start ang prep lalo n ung budget heheheh

keep coming back here para mkakuha ako idea s u hehehe